VOXX International Sustainability Programs
VOXX International understands that being a sustainable company is a journey and that reaching our goals will take time. However, every journey starts with one step, and we have set out on the road. We supply thousands of products manufactured by hundreds of vendor partners throughout the world. Our goal is not only to reach optimum sustainability but to show our customers, employees, and the end-consumer continued commitment and meaningful progress toward our long-term environmental vision and social-responsibility programs.
Our commitment to sustainability started with the green packaging initiative and in more recent years has shifted to improving the environmental performance of our management, products, operations, and even our supply chain - which involves working in tandem with partner companies' sustainability goals. Supplier compliance is also continually monitored.
A Sustainable Company Starts with Leadership
To reach our goals, we are educating and encouraging all VOXX International employees worldwide to think about the protection of the environment and implement sustainability practices as a job requirement. Recycling and energy conservation programs are in effect in every VOXX International location around the globe, and that's just the beginning. Employees are encouraged to participate from simple eco-friendly initiatives such as turning off lights and equipment to more substantial efforts including initiating environmentally sound product development and procedures that will benefit this and future generations.
Environmental Health and Safety
VOXX International takes environmental health and safety (EHS) very seriously, and believes that EHS is at the center of a sustainable organization. The company has a structured Environmental Management System. We are ISO 14001 certified and are committed to preventing pollution and recycling as many materials as possible.
VOXX Electronics Corp. Environmental Policy Statement
VOXX Electronics Corp. (VEC), formerly Audiovox Electronics Corporation's Environmental Policy includes environmental considerations in all corporate activities. We will manage our programs in a manner that protects the ecosystem and public health. Out of support of this policy, VEC makes the following commitment:
- We are committed to achieving compliance with applicable environmental requirements, including federal, state, and local regulations and other requirements associated with Environmental Aspects.
- We will integrate pollution and waste prevention minimization, resource conservation, and compliance into all of our planning and decision making. We will adopt cost-effective practices that eliminate or minimize Environmental Impacts.
- We will define, prioritize, and correct existing environmental problems, if any.
- We will work to improve our environmental management system on a continuous basis. We will establish appropriate environmental objectives and performance indicators to measure our progress.
- We will work to maintain a positive, proactive, and constructive relationship with our neighbors in the community, regulators, customers, and other stakeholders. We will openly communicate our progress and performance.
- We will perform periodic reviews of VEC progress on environmental goals and adherence to this policy.
It is initiatives like these, as well as those which will arise from future innovation that empowers Audiovox sustainability programs and making a real difference.
Solar Energy Program
VOXX International has partnered with Harvest Power and installed a large-scale solar energy system for the Company's property at its Headquarters in Hauppauge, NY. This solar energy system is part of the local utility (PSEGLI) Clean Solar Initiative Feed-in Tariff (FIT) Program and offers VOXX the opportunity to produce and sell back electricity energy at a fixed rate per kWh (.22) over the 20-year term of a power purchase agreement (PPA). The total solar system consists of a 171,000 kW (DC) rooftop mounted solar energy system on the building as well as two solar carport systems totaling 296,000 kW (DC) located in the rear parking lot. The new solar carports have been designed with several EV charging stations and will benefit VOXX employees who currently have electric vehicles and those who plan to own such vehicles in the future.